I design and deliver bespoke Early Years Childcare Training workshops for childminders, nurseries and schools. Work with children's centres and settings to offer group sessions for parents and families and work alongside schools bringing support for their pupils and their families. To find out more about these sessions simply drop me a message, I would love to hear from you. Online Training is also available, please see below.
Improving outcomes for children is so important and through childcare we can make huge differences in children's lives. I use a child centred approach in all of my training.
Training is available in house and online. For in house training we do have funding available to use towards part of the training costs. Please contact me for more information.
Developing Your Outdoor Provision.
Learning outdoors bring opportunities and breaks down barriers that learning indoors cannot achieve.
Through this short course you will develop a further understanding of why outdoor experiences are vital and the role the outdoors plays in development. You will explore your outdoor provision and learn new ways to view this and grow it into an outstanding area for education, learning, development and play to take place.
Discover resources and new ways to think about your current resources. I am all about cheap and free resources and we will enable you to find cheap and free ways to develop your outdoor provision.
What are you waiting for?
How Boys Learn.
Boys learn differently to girls, join me as we look at brain differences, how your environment can enable, learning styles, motivations, challenge and more.
Do you fully understand the implications nurturing boys can have? Find out more and discover how your practice can impact on their learning.
Develop, implement and embed a boy-friendly culture into your setting.
Simply click the link to start your journey.
The fine line between risk and safety is one practitioners deal with daily. Allowing children to take risks, enabling them to develop through risk taking in play is one of the most important things you can do. I are not talking about putting children at risk, it is them pushing their limits to develop themselves.
Signing up today means you get this course for the launch price of £19.99 (saving £10) for lifetime access.
In House Training
My range of cost effective bespoke training packages are designed and developed to meet the needs of your team and your setting and start from just £9.99 per delegate (terms and conditions apply).
They run workshops throughout the UK you can view our current workshops below. Myself and my team work with all settings including childminding group offering targeted, quality training with measurable and improved outcomes. We are totally flexible within our approach and can deliver training Monday to Saturday, day times or evenings.
In house training ranges from hour long awareness training to full day training courses and everything is developed around you.
Training workshops can be adapted to cover a range of ages from Birth to Twelve years at no extra charge.
Myself and my team of trainers are experts in our field and we have undergone many years experience and training to enable us to give you an outstanding service for you and your team. Plus to be able to offer support, guidance and advice throughout your training course and beyond.
The workshop list below is not extensive, please contact our team if you have a training need which is not listed and sign up to our newsletter for more on our conference and seminar days.
- NEW How Communication Develops and How to Support This – How do your children’s communication skills develop? what can you do to support them and how to manage the most common communication difficulties. Learn how with this practical support workshop.
- UPDATED Nurturing boys and their Learning – Boys learn differently to girls,we look at brain differences, how your environment can enable, learning styles, motivations, challenge and more. Do you fully understand the implications nurturing boys can have? Find out more and discover how your practice can impact on their learning.
- Sensory Processing Awareness - So many children struggle with sensory processing yet so little is shared about it. Educate yourself and your team bringing new skills to your setting and new knowledge to your practice.
- NEW Why Play in the Mud? - It is a free resource, it is totally open ended, it can become whatever your imagination desires. Yet many settings do not fully embrace its potential. This is an amazing course to enhance your play provision and your outdoor learning. Growing new knowledge and skills which will enhance a child's learning for years to come.
- NEW Mindful Learning in the Early Years - Mindfulness and calm can bring so much to a child’s ability to learn, develop and also support in improving their skills as they grow to manage challenging situations. Mindfulness for children starts with focusing their skills and senses. Children learn how to manage tough emotions and it has been shown to improve behaviour and impulsive reactions. In this practical workshop we give you tools to bring these skills to your children.
- Improving A Child's Outdoor Experience and Learning – This is a comprehensive outdoor play session, developing play and learning opportunities alongside looking at planning for your outdoor area. Come away with an outdoor plan that works for your setting.
- Play, Play Play – Play is vital in learning so let’s learn how children play. This workshop also incorporates synthetic, natural and heuristic play opportunities. Work with play and resource elements, investigate schemas, use play to develop opportunities in your environment in and out. Become inspired and develop new play experiences you will be able to take away and use to inspire your children.
- Story Boxes and Bags – Develop ways to bring stories to life, tackle any issues, build communication and confidence while extending learning. Look at developing reading areas and how you can encourage social interaction and communication everyday.
- Superheros, Elves and Fairies – Learn and develop ways of using small world play and play. It’s not all about tuff spots.We look at targeting learning, developing a child initiated approach. How small play improves skills and communication, can be used to resolve conflict and promote positive behaviours. You will get lots of opportunities to try out ideas and learn new ideas.
- Developing The Baby Room – Have you seen your setting through a babies eyes? We work inside and out to ensure babies have the most amazing experience in your setting and you team are equipped to support and deliver this.
- Team Building – No matter if you are a new team or team which have been together a long time, building the team bond is important to ensure an outstanding setting. Our team building is a fun, team bonding experience that is inclusive to all.
- Safeguarding, the issues and what to look for – A clear impactful course which includes Foetal Alcohol Syndrome, Alcohol Awareness and Mental Health Awareness. Give yourself and your team a practice changing look into safeguarding. This workshop works well alongside our Domestic Abuse Workshop.
- Domestic Abuse Awareness – Developed by our in house Domestic Abuse Champion this is a fantastic, informative training course to ensure you are fully informed and educated. With a clear understanding of updates and procedures.This is one of our most popular workshops.
- Developing a more natural setting – Use a more nature based approach,investigate the origins of natural play approaches, look at natural approaches others take and learn why they work, plan for a more natural space, discuss how this would work and plan for day to day implementation, creating ideas to develop a rich learning environment.
- Manual Handling – Did you know if your manual handling training is not delivered by a qualified professional you may not be fully insured if there was an incident? Our course is delivered by a qualified expert who will be able to adapt the course to meet any specific needs and offer personalised advice, plus follow up support if required.
- Dens! - Construction brings so many opportunities, den building can bring a vast amount of learning, challenge, communication, social skills………..and so much more. In this workshop get hands on with making spaces, creating environments, learn techniques, learn how to inspire children to become involved, work as a team and take away how you can created inspiring spaces at your setting.
- Risk Taking - In our risk averse society it is so important to ensure children still take risks so as they grow they have the skills to assess risk and manage it. The best way for them to learn is through their play. We will look at how you use risk within your setting and how you can develop this vital part of a child's learning.
Get in touch today for your personalised quote and to see if you can access any of the funding we have available
Recent Comments from my training workshops -
"It has been great to take a step back and see everything with a fresh set of eyes."
"You always make us feel so relaxed, the training is great fun"
"This has been just what my team needed"
"The team building was one of the best days I have been on"
"I really didn't want to give my Saturday up but I have learnt loads, I am so glad I came"
"Its all about thinking outside the box and tipping what I already do upside down and you helped me see that"